Monday, December 29, 2008

Not very happy...

After last year's NFL season ended, Cowboys fans across the nation, including myself, were very disappointed by the disappointing loss to the Giants in the playoffs. As the offseason moved along, we all got more and more excited for the beginning of the next season, thinking we had a legitimate shot to make it to, if not win, the Super Bowl. Five months later and here we are, not in the playoff picture at all after losing embarresslingly to the hated Eagles. 44-6. Really? How could the Cowboys not come out ready to play? For all intents and purposes, this game was a playoff game. The winner moves on to the playoffs and the loser waits until August to open up training camp. Full blame goes to the coaching staff for being useless, and to the players for not living up to the money they are being paid.

Wade Phillips is a joke. Coaches should never look confused and hopeless on the sideline. I have never seen Wade Phillips show confidence or toughness on the sideline. Mike Singletary, Mike Tomlin, Bill Belichick, and Bill Cowher are all coaches who exuberate conference and leadership. The Cowboys need a coach with charisma. Besides the short Bill Parcells era, we have not had a coach with this type of charisma since Jimmie Johnson. No matter what Jerry Jones has said, it's time for a new head coach. Make Wade the defensive coordinator, I like what he does with defenses, but for the love of god please get a new head coach! I would like to see Bill Cowher but that will never happen. My next top choice I guess is Brian Billick. I actually think he could be a good fit. After hearing his analysis during games on TV, I feel as if I never gave him enough credit for actually being a good NFL head coach.

Now that I have finished wasting five months of my life hopelessly following a football team that didn't care as much about winning as I, or other Cowboys fans did, it's time to make playoff predictions for the teams that apparantly do care about being successful:

Best Playoff Rookie - Adrian Peterson, His first playoffs and hes going to play like a man amongst boys.
Worst Playoff Rookie - Cardinals' O-line, They are going to collapse. Kurt Warner will not have time and Tim Hightower is not going to run for any yards at all.

Best Player of the Playoffs - Peyton Manning, he seems poised to win another Super Bowl

Super Bowl Winner - Colts, I think Peyton will win another one, and he deserves the MVP for this season.

Super Bowl Matchup I want to see most - Falcons/Dolphins, I think that would be awesome.

And now for my Round 1 matchups (analysis will come later):

Falcons vs Cardinals: Falcons

Colts vs Chargers : Colts

Ravens vs Dolphins: Dolphins

Eagles vs Vikings: Vikings

Check back later for analysis of the games, as well as updates from the NBA, MLB, and college football bowl season.

No comments: