Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Catch up

I want to take a moment to talk about college basketball. As I said earlier, I think Pitt is awesome. Along with Pitt, I think Uconn, UNC, and Oklahoma are the premier teams in the nation. As for the best players, I think obviously Blair and Fields are great from Pitt. Also, as much as I don't like him, Hansbrough is really good too. However, the 3 best players this year in my mind are Blake Griffin, Hasheem Thabeet, and Jodie Meeks. Meeks has been my personal favorite player to watch this year. He looks like a guy that will be a legitimate scorer in the NBA. He's got a good build, unlimited shooting range, and he's not afraid to take the big shot. That game-winner against Florida was awesome. You could pretty much say I have a man-crush for Meeks.

As for the negatives, I am happy to see Duke is struggling. I am a Duke hater, and it's good to see their arrogance come back to haunt them. They do not scare anybody. They look like a one and done team in the tournament, maybe a second round team at best.

Texas Tech, while not having high expectations, has still managed to disappoint me. They aren't even competitive in any of their games. I liked the Pat Knight temper tantrum, but it looks like the motivation from it has worn off. Hopefully his recruits for next season turn out to be good...

The conference tournaments are coming up and then the Big Dance!!! The Bracket Pools will begin soon enough...

No comments: